The international foreigner
Cross-cultural Communication Skills Online and In Real Life
Our workplaces and social lives have become culturally diverse, and we could all use new tools to communicate and work effectively.
When we work or interact with people beyond borders, either digitally or in-person, we immerse ourselves into cross-cultural communication and relationships. We need to develop knowledge about other cultures and inculcate the mindset needed to appreciate diversity and inclusiveness. This topic will enable you to nurture a sustainable social and professional life by being able to connect with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of Cross-Cultural Communication
- Identify where you need to improve Cross-Cultural Communication in your personal and professional life.
- Differentiate between high context and low context cultures
- Recognize how people in different cultures differ in specific and predictable ways
- Understand the various dimensions of culture according to Fons Trompenaars and Charles Hampden-Turner
- Apply Hofstede’s Six Dimensions of Culture as a framework to interact and work with people across cultures.
- Develop action plan to be more culturally intelligent in their own context
- Effectively collaborate cross-culturally that will impact businesses and individuals
Intresserad av denna kurs?
My name is Imran Khurshid and I come from the background of learning design and facilitation, soft skills development, and project management. I grew up in Asia and visited several countries including Sweden and the United States. I have always been fascinated by how much people can accomplish using soft skills. This has made me passionate in designing effective learning solutions for people's soft skills development in various countries.