The Accidental Project Manager
Building Your Own Toolkit to Get Projects Moving
Most organisations work in project form, in one way or another. This means that we are parts of projects either by intention or by accident. Sometimes we even end up managing these projects ourselves, albeit ‘accidentally’.
In such cases we need to be creative and build our own work processes, while following structures and frameworks of project management. This course will help you design your own toolkit to spearhead projects, enhance organizational skills, and add value to your organizations.
Much of work today is organized in project-like structures, and throughout our work life we can all end up as accidental project managers. When that happens, using existing frameworks from project management to create a good workflow backed by our own experience and creativity can help in reaching our goals. This course will help you design your own toolkit to spearhead projects, enhance organizational skills, and add value to your organizations.
Intresserad av denna kurs?
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand what a ‘project’ really means
- Break down the project into manageable tasks
- Connect between cost, time, and budget
- Identify the stakeholders of your project and manage them effectively
- Plan timeline effectively to meet the deadline
- Lead your project team effectively
- Identify sources of risks within a project and plan how to manage the risks
- Communicate better tactics with project teams
- Plan and execute changes in your organization through projects
- Build the business case to convince senior leadership of your organization and secure resources for managing your own projects
- Write project reports
My name is Imran Khurshid and I come from the background of learning design and facilitation, soft skills development, and project management. I grew up in Asia and visited several countries including Sweden and the United States. I have always been fascinated by how much people can accomplish using soft skills. This has made me passionate in designing effective learning solutions for people's soft skills development in various countries.